Friday, June 19, 2009

In my neighbourhood

This booklet needs to go onto my to-read list: The Miracle In Preston: the story of the Preston Springs Hotel. I drive by the now derelict but dignified remains of this building pretty regular, and I'm always thirsty for more information about it. Local lore of course is that its haunted. There are some pretty great pictures on flickr, though I personally would never have the guts to go inside (for fear of the law as much as ghosts). Apparently it was built on the site of an underground spring noted for centuries for its healing properties, and has, through the years been a celebrated hotel and spa, retirement residence, and failed investment property on several different occasions. It looms large at the intersection, and also in my imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment